Pool Opening 2022
The pool will be opening on Saturday, April 30th.
Pool Opening Update: 5/1/2021
The pool will be opening on May 8th. Pool information and guidelines has been sent to all members.
Pool Closure Update: 6/11/2020
Many homeowners have seen the announcement from Contra Costa County regarding the "opening" of outdoor swimming pools. Unfortunately, as with other facilities and businesses, the opening is not without restrictions. For HOA community pools, the restrictions in place are incredibly cumbersome.
The Board met to discuss opening the pool and the County’s restrictions that must be followed in order to open the pool safely. The restrictions being imposed are cost prohibitive to the Association and do not allow for the pool area to be used freely by HOA members.
We regret the pool will remain closed for the time being due to the restrictions placed on swimming pools. These restrictions as per Contra Costa County Health Services Appendix C-1 are as follows:
- Lap swimming must be limited to one swimmer per lane, except members of the same household or living unit may occupy a single lane. Our pool does not have designated lap lanes.
- Use of shared swimming areas must be limited to no more than one swimmer per 300 square of shared pool space. The size of our pool would allow no more than 12 people in the pool at a time.
- Except for members of the same household, swimmers shall remain at least six feet apart at all times.
- At least one person, separate from a lifeguard, shall be on duty at all times to ensure that social distancing protocol applicable to the facility and all limitations herein are followed. (An onsite monitor who can effectively enforce all restrictions. This would require the hiring of a security guard who has been trained on the pool guidelines and has the independent authority to implement the restrictions).
- Locker rooms (not applicable to Tassajara Ranch) shall be closed to the public, except restrooms.
- All gathering shall be prohibited outside the pool, such as on pool decks, except that members of a household may observe a child or other person swimming to ensure safety and supervision.
- In addition to all restrictions placed on any business proper signage must be in place explaining protocols on site, hand sanitizer on site, detailed risk assessment and a site-specific protection plan on site, and face coverings required at all times.
We understand everyone is anxious to get out of the house and enjoy the fresh air and pool, especially given the recent nice weather. However, given all of the above, the Board has made the very tough decision to keep the pool closed. The Board will re-visit opening the pool should there be any changes from the Contra Costa County Health Department in lessening the restrictions and opening is feasible for the Association.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this challenging time. We hope that you stay safe and healthy.
The pool water temperature is set to 80 degrees during the summer months (approximately from April - October each year). Pool hours are from 6am to 10pm (lap swimming is permitted from 5-6:00 am). Please see below for the pool rules.
The pool is cleaned on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays throughout the pool season to keep it clean and maintain the chemical levels. The pool company typically does their cleaning early in the mornings (7:30 - 8am) to be done and out of the way before the pool gets crowded.
Renting the Community Room
Tassajara Ranch, Tassajara Creek and BAS of Tassajara II owners all have joint use of the Recreation Center Facility, including the rental of the Community room on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you would like to see if your preferred rental date is available, please contact Sandra
at the management office.
Please be sure to complete the rental reservation form below and bring it along with your rental fee, deposit and insurance paperwork to our management office. Our management office is located at 2266 Camino Ramon in San Ramon. Once we have received all paperwork, your Rec Center Key Fob will be activated the business day before your rental to allow access into the clubhouse.